Scammed when buying Honda Dio on OLX

• anonymous
    # 2 months ago

Saw Add in OLX for scooty Honda Dio 2019 and less Driven. So Requested to share documents related to a vehicle. He wats up all Bike images and RC and Insurance,aadhar, His Photo ID .So I requested after a test drive I can give money. He said as he is located in security CSIF Bannerghatta, due to Duty unable to come hence Parceling the bike. After a few mins, he sent images of packing vehicles and initiated the transfer. As to move the bike, he is asked to just 3100 as delivery Fee and less in the Total discussed money of 34000. Due to Carona unable to get a salary for a long time.I believed and send money initially. After 30min, Courier Boy called and said “need to pay the remaining 15000 for the replacement fee.if Bike is not satisfied full money is refundable. Its long conversation and convincing to pay money of 15100, I said I will pay via cash once I saw the vehicle. he says Army people,won’t believe and looks like Fraud? I refused to pay the remaining money.
    Fraud Name: Mosin LANGOTI
    His number: 7982673306
    Kindly take a action and request to refund my money.

miniOrange
    # 2 months ago

Hi, most likely that wasn’t a real army officer. These scammers have a collection stolen Aadhar cards and PAN cards that belong to actual army officers.

They also have official looking papers of actual cars and bikes, so that also can’t be used as a guarantee the it’s a real person
    He will probably try to call you again and threaten you. Don’t believe him.

There’s a chance they will tell you that they will send the Access through an army transport. And send you a receipt for that as well. This is also going to be fake.

You can read more about this here https://cyberforensics.miniorange.com/olx-fraud/.

I would recommend registering a complaint with the cyber crime cell through https://www.cybercrime.gov.in/Webform/crmcondi.aspx .

Or contacting OLX through safety@olx.in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.