Got scammed trying to buy KTM bike on OLX

• anonymous
    # 2 months ago

I have been cheated with the AD ID 1570421877 where he posted to sell his KTM duke bike 2015 model from Thane, Maharashtra. He told that he is working in indian army and posted at Mumbai Airport and going to shift in J&K that’s why he want to sell. I asked him from his documents and bike paper like RC/Insurance and he shared all documents through the whats app number, (same number mention in olx site. Later on, he shared nike paper along with bike images and after that he said if you want to buy or check this bike will deliver at your address but because of the bike is under Cargo authority at airport so for delivery at your place you need to pay 3150 INR and if after this you would not buy this the amount will refund to you after small deduction. Because he shared his service documents RC and other paper and ask for money through paytm which were shows with name of Cargo on truecaller i made the payment. At the time of delivery he asked again for 11000 INR i denied because of gap in conversation. i asked him to deliver the bike once i received bike will pay immediately full payment. Now he is not answering my call. And i have made transaction yesterday in afternoon.

miniOrange
    # 2 months ago

Hi, most likely that wasn’t a real army officer. These scammers have a collection stolen Aadhar cards and PAN cards that belong to actual army officers.

They also have official looking papers of actual cars and bikes, so that also can’t be used as a guarantee the it’s a real person
    He will probably try to call you again and threaten you. Don’t believe him.

There’s a chance they will tell you that they will send the Access through an army transport. And send you a receipt for that as well. This is also going to be fake.

You can read more about this here https://cyberforensics.miniorange.com/olx-fraud/.

I would recommend registering a complaint with the cyber crime cell through https://www.cybercrime.gov.in/Webform/crmcondi.aspx .

Or contacting OLX through safety@olx.in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.