Buying Access Scooter, I got scammed by a person telling he was from the Army

• anonymous
    # 2 months ago

I try to buy used access scooter from Mob APP ” OLX ” fot the amount 40,000 rs .He(rahul sepoy) gave me the whatsapp number and told me about working as an army employee in nedumbassery airport kerala.Asks 8000 rupees as advance payment for military transport then remains 28,000 on delivery.Then I paid to Paytm bank account 8,000 (ARMY POSTAL SERVICE,A/C NO.919756868303,IFSC PAYTM0123456).After that he send me the Vehicle certificates with Packed pict from named “Army Postal Service Office”,Next day ” Jora singh” named Army postal officer asks me for security charge as 11,200 .Then I paid again 16,500 for Insurance charge.then i paid 20,000 for scooter,11,200 paid as refund amount 11,000, 20,000 paid as vehicle remains amount,next day 28 may 2020 hes asks 40,000 for one time transaction and he said it will return within one minutes.but after i paid he said it wasn’t credit to their account,So after that i understand it was cheating.I am attaching all his id and documents.
    I have one more account details :
    Head Command office,Account no.919549022784,

Ifsc. Pytm0123456.

miniOrange
    # 2 months ago

Hi, most likely that wasn’t a real army officer. These scammers have a collection stolen Aadhar cards and PAN cards that belong to actual army officers.

They also have official looking papers of actual cars and bikes, so that also can’t be used as a guarantee the it’s a real person
    He will probably try to call you again and threaten you. Don’t believe him.

There’s a chance they will tell you that they will send the Access through an army transport. And send you a receipt for that as well. This is also going to be fake.

You can read more about this here https://cyberforensics.miniorange.com/olx-fraud/.

I would recommend registering a complaint with the cyber crime cell through https://www.cybercrime.gov.in/Webform/crmcondi.aspx .

Or contacting OLX through safety@olx.in.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.